The air is crisp and the temperatures are dipping down. It’s getting dark outside earlier, and the holiday season is finally here.
We’re sure you’ve already started thinking about your Christmas gift list for the kiddos, and maybe you even already have your turkey in the freezer waiting to be thawed for your Thanksgiving meal.
With it being such a hectic yet joyful time of year, you have so much to do and not a lot of free time on your hands. But with the weather getting cooler, and everyone spending more time indoors, cabin fever ensues.
If you’re looking for ways to pass the time with fun and creative ideas, look no further! To get you and your family ready for the holidays, we’ve compiled a list of 10 easy arts and crafts activities for Thanksgiving and Christmas. All of the ideas and images borrowed in this article have been sourced from other DIYers, crafters, and the like.
- Use paint and construction paper to decorate and transform mini pumpkins into an adorable turkey! Learn more at The Crazy Craft Lady
- We all love a good keepsake from our kids, and this is definitely one you’ll want to hang on your wall. Head over to A Little Pinch of Perfect and learn how to make handprint and footprint turkeys. Get your paint ready, and some towels!
- Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on what we’re grateful for, and what better way to do that then through a fun, artsy activity. We found these gratitude trees from Smashed Peas and Carrots. You only need 7 ingredients to make it happen!
- In the realm of all things loving and wholesome, stop by Somewhat Simple to learn how to make “I Love You” fall garlands. This bears an important message – on each garland, family members write why they love each other. Display this across your fireplace for a loving reminder on the importance of family.
- Hold on to your toilet paper rolls! Before tossing them in the recycling bin, check out these precious toilet paper turkey tubes from Kid Friendly Things To Do.
- Family handprint Christmas trees are an easy and fun craft to do with the kids. Check out the instructions from Mama Smiles! We suggest adding a personal touch to this project by writing what you’re looking forward to in the New Year on the hand cut-outs!
- Have some leftover toilet paper rolls from our last idea? We sure hope so, because we have more use for them! Happy Hooligans came up with this cute idea to make toilet paper reindeer ornaments!
- Let your kids explore their creativity with these fun paper Christmas stockings! Crafting Cheerfully put together this easy DIY craft – all you need is paper, crayons, some tape, scissors, yarn, and a hole puncher! The craft even comes with a free template for the stockings!
- We love this easy 20 minute craft session from Little Bit Funky! Just look at how adorable these thumbprint reindeer ornaments are!
- We’d be remiss not to mention this delicious and fun craft idea that could also be a gift from the family – hot chocolate jars! Our favorite recipe comes from The Pioneer Woman, and it requires only three ingredients! We suggest allowing the kiddos to paint the mason jars so it has that extra, personal touch!
Which craft did you choose? Let us know by sharing your creation with us on Facebook. We’d love to see what you and your family made!